Monday, June 10, 2019

Meatsheet Selection: Tapestrees

Meatsheet Selection: Tapestrees 


By John Meat

Boy howdy, I'm John Meat. I used to publish a fanzine called Meatsheet. The last printed copy happened in 2002.

 Selecta J tapped me to contribute to CULTCHA Clash Outer National. Since I usually just stare at a wall .. I figured why not. Maybe I can fill in some gaps because I am a fan of a lot of J's tunes, however, I am by no means as  well versed in the world of dub / reggae etc.  So together with j and whoever else contributes I hope  we can expose people to some of our musical heroes.

I do have a soft spot for that 90s dreamy rock sound plus other sounds that would hopefully diversify  CULTCHA Clash's vibe . 

Also getting to hear J's stuff he spins is definitely fun times. 

So I may have slowed down, but occasionally I'll stumble across some high qual tunes and that's kind of the gist here. If you want to reach out to me I'm on Instagram @Johnmeat.

Meatsheet back issues are available if you're into zines that covered punk rock hardcore indie rock and what Thrasher magazine (or was it Revelation records?) called "General Nuttiness."  

Thanks for checking out CULTCHA Clash Outer National

Meat



Trying to stay on top of new music is getting increasingly harder for me but I was lucky enough to cross paths with this band. Originally from California, Tapestrees brings their otherworldly mystical grooves to Arizona.
If I had to put them in a genre or three, the closest would be progressive rock. But just saying that doesn't really give them appropriate justice.  Definitely my favorite rhythm section in this valley. The new single, "Parasite," is thick with low end grooves. The guitar seems to capture nightmarish tapeworm-esque quality in  tone. If there's a soundtrack for some micro-organism traveling through entrails, Tapestrees nail it. 
Visit Tapestrees Facebook Page Here.

Tapestrees - PArasite
Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment